Guardian® Sea Class
Underwater Robotic Arm System
Underwater Mobile Manipulation
The Sarcos Guardian Sea Class underwater robotic arm system delivers human-like manipulation capabilities in complex and often dangerous underwater environments.
- Power-efficient, electromechanical manipulators
- 300m working depth for hours at a time
- Flexible one1- or two-armed system can be teleoperated or controlled with optional supervised autonomous and semi-autonomous control
- Modular design enables integration with existing inspection-class underwater vehicles
1 Manipulators are designed for neutral buoyancy at each link, enabling them to maintain a state of buoyancy and control regardless of configuration (i.e., one vs. two-armed).
- Reduces the need to put divers into the water for light-work missions
- Minimal training required for easy operation and deployment
- Eliminates the added weight, size, expense, and oil leakage risks of hydraulic power unit (HPU) systems
- Manipulators have fewer sealed surfaces than comparable hydraulic systems, reducing potential maintenance costs and the risk of system downtime due to failure
- Demonstrated 1000m+ working depth
- Electronically driven, energy-saving system
- Lightweight, compact design
- Single-arm or dual-arm configurations (6 DoF + gripper per arm)
- Integrated gripper with semi-autonomous, tool-grasping capabilities for quick tool changes
- Neutral buoyancy improves ROV/manipulator balance and control
- Sealed design protects the electrical system from water ingress and contamination
- Multi-level corrosion management system
- Open architecture supports ROS communication protocols
Designed to integrate with existing ROVs
- Teleoperated control
- Supervised autonomous and semi-autonomous capable
Industries and Applications
The Guardian Sea Class Underwater Robotic Arm System is dedicated to supporting maritime industries – shipbuilding, shipyard operations, and underwater inspection, repair, and maintenance with best-in-class, subsea robotic solutions.
Mine countermeasures, salvage, ship husbandry, and inspection
Oil & Gas
Inspection and maintenance of underwater pipelines
Underwater inspection and welding
Offshore wind inspection and maintenance
Ready to Get Started?
Let's talk about how the Guardian Sea Class underwater robotic arm system can help maximize your workforce potential.