Sapien 6M Robotic Arm
The Sapien 6M intelligent manipulator offers speed, dexterity, precision, and strength in a compact, lightweight package. With six degrees of freedom, an optimized strength-to-weight ratio, embedded intelligence, and a sleek hardware design that can withstand extreme temperatures and environmental conditions (IP66), the Sapien robotic arm can be used for a variety of complex outdoor and indoor applications. It is compatible with Sarcos autonomy platforms, enabling autonomous mobile manipulation in structured environments, such as in a factory with controlled lighting, and in unstructured environments like outdoor construction sites. When human-in-the-loop control is required, the Sapien robotic arm can be integrated with the Imitative Controller.
- Enhanced for mobile manipulation:
- Optimized strength-to-weight ratio
- Powered with low-voltage DC embedded computing and intelligence = no external control box required, minimizing footprint
- Low profile and hardened mechanical design is resilient to shock and vibration, indoors and outdoors
- Standard power and communication interfaces allow for fast and easy integration with 3rd party tools and sensors (Ethernet Pass-Through and EtherCAT available)
- Standard end effector interface
- Allows for the integration of a wide variety of end-of-arm tools
- Rugged hardware is tolerant to extreme temperatures and harsh environmental conditions, such as rain, sleet, snow, and the corrosive effects of salt spray
- Six degrees of freedom, including continuous wrist and elbow roll joints, allow end effectors to have precise placement
- Capable of performing autonomous manipulation using Detect multi-modal computer vision software and Intellect multi-algorithm AI software.